Website Ohio Concrete
Ohio Concrete’s statement of purpose is to provide instrumentality through which all members may coordinate their efforts in handling problems of common concern. To protect and advance the interests of the concrete industry. To perform such acts and services for the members as may be more satisfactorily performed by a group rather than by individual action. To promote and encourage the use, consumption and quality of the concrete industry’s products.
Ohio Concrete has been serving the state and local concrete construction industry since 1938. With over 200 member companies, Ohio Concrete is committed to strengthen, grow and improve the concrete construction industry in Ohio. Currently, Ohio ranks as the 6th largest national producer of concrete in the U.S.
The Engineering Services Center Associate is an integral association position with a variety of responsibilities and activities to assist and serve the membership and staff in advancing the future of ready mixed concrete supply and construction in Ohio.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance and support of ESC (Engineering Service Center) requests in design, materials, pavement and concrete construction
- Conduct recommendations with concrete pavement/slab thickness using ACI, ACPA and PCA guides.
- Create suggested jointing plan layout of pavements/slabs utilizing CADD or similar software
- Assist with certification activities, including ACI, NRMCA, and Ohio Concrete certifications
- Assist Ohio Concrete Engineers with technical support
- Upload and maintain OC Project Tracker with OC Promotion Directors
- Contributes to monthly and quarterly publications
- Report to the President/Executive Director of the Association who provides broad policy direction and evaluates work in terms of overall accomplishments of objectives
- Work closely with OC Engineers and Promotion Directors to meet request and program deadlines
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be familiar with basic concrete and materials technology
- Must have excellent communication skills and present to technical and non-technical groups
- Must be physically fit for construction sites, long trips and manage trade show exhibits
- Problem solving abilities and self-motivated nature
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering or material science technical college graduate
- Concrete and materials experience, construction background a plus
REQUIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Must be outgoing and personable
- Must exhibit professional demeanor
- Capable of working in a close team environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org