Current Association Jobs
OHIO CONCRETE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
We are looking for a responsible full-time Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in our Columbus, OH office, M-F 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our Association staff, executives and Board of Directors, managing the association’s certification program, assisting in daily office needs and answering member requests.
- Reports to Association office Monday thru Friday during business hours 7: 00 am – 3:30 pm
- Coordinates the association’s state-wide certification program
- Performs clerical duties and member requests
- Answers the phone, transfers calls to executives and engineers and welcomes visitors
- Maintains member database
- Process payments through online credit card terminal
- Provides support with planning, budgeting and fundraising for association events including: Certification Program, Annual Convention, Annual Golf Outing, Board Meetings and Miscellaneous Seminars and Meetings
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; College degree and experience preferred
Ohio Concrete offers an attractive salary and benefits package. Interested parties should submit their resume to Greg Colvin, Ohio Concrete President and Executive Director e-mail: email@example.com | fax: 614/891-2675 | mail: Ohio Concrete 2600 Corporate Exchange Dr., Ste. 165, Columbus, OH 43231.
Current Industry Jobs
Company: Lehigh Hanson | Region: North Region | Location: Columbus, OH
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
This position will be based in Columbus, OH.
- Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career with an industry leader in the aggregate and cement industry. The cement terminal operation in Columbus, OH is looking for someone who is hardworking and dedicated to become part of the team. This position will be responsible for daily tasks having to do with shipping, bulk loading and packing.
• Be involved in and aware of all aspects of the day to day terminal operation.
• Participates in the loading and unloading of cement products from or to railcars or bulk trucks; coordinates bulk loading activities with customer drivers and sales personnel. Inspects railcars and bulk trucks prior to loading. Operates locomotive, loader or car puller to move or position railcars in place for loading or unloading or to transfer railcars to switching tracks. Operates controls to convey proper cement product to railcar or bulk truck. Closes hatches on railcars and seals.
• Responsible for ensuring customer orders are filled accurately. Promptly addresses customer concerns and refers more complex problems to supervisor for resolution.
• Ensures shipping and receiving paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Responsible for the unloading and/or transfers of bulk material or cement products from ships and/or railcars to silos or other storage containers.
• Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on terminal equipment.
• Performs housekeeping of the facility.
• Follows all safety policies, including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Helps promote safe work habits and a safe work environment along with weekly safety meetings and job pre-work analysis.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment problems to minimize downtime and ensure proper operation.
• Maintain Vendor relationships
Here’s What We Are Looking For:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Previous experience in cement or related industry a plus
• Prior material handling experience strongly preferred
• Must have proven mechanical and electrical ability; PLC experience is a plus
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Demonstrated communication skills
• Demonstrated technical knowledge, hardware and software, with computers; MS Office products and SAP preferred
• Clerical skills a plus
• Willing and capable of working extended hours and weekends if needed
• Capable of accessing heights – top of railcars, stairways to silo top elevations, etc.
• Capable of lifting up to 100 pounds on a regular basis
• Demonstrated commitment and ability to follow safe working practices in a team environment.
Employees can apply by clicking on the following link: Internal Opportunities. Jobs eligible for referral will have a “Refer” link on the internal job posting.
Any additional questions can be directed to:
Kim Olesak, Talent Acquisition Manager | Lehigh Hanson 7660 Imperial Way Allentown, PA 18195 | 610-366-4702 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal applications must be received by: November 30, 2018.
FIELD SERVICES TECHNICIAN/BOWSER-MORNER, INC.
The Field Services Technician performs routine and non-routine testing and observation of construction materials and practices. Work may include the testing of soil, steel, asphalt, concrete, masonry, and other construction materials. Work may also include the field observation of soil placement and compaction, concrete structural dimensions and rebar placement, asphalt placement, and other construction practices. The Field Services Technician receives supervision and technical support from the Field Supervisor and the Assistant Manager.
· Ability to track and organize assigned work.
· Ability to perform routine sampling, testing, and observation.
· Be familiar with good field services practices and definition of Quality.
· Be proficient at basic computer skills and preparation of field service reports.
· Implement relevant quality control requirements including equipment calibration.
· Interpret project specifications, drawings, and work instructions.
· Other duties as directed by the Field Supervisor and Assistant Manager.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED
ACI, NETTCP, NICET or ODOT certified preferred
Experience with weld examination, OSHA training, density gauge training, floor fatness testing, soil stabilization, asphalt field and lab testing and experience with different types of deep foundations is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent communication skills
Clean driving record
Strong oral and verbal communication skills
Good math and language skills
Candidate must be willing to travel and work occasionally over night.
CLICK HERE for mor information and to apply online
FIELD TECHNICIANS – NEAS/CLEVELAND, OH
National Engineering & Architectural Services, Inc., (NEAS) a Geotechnical Engineer, Material Testing, and Surveying firm is seeking Field Technicians for our Cleveland Lab. Work is seasonal with the potential for permanent hire. http://www.neasinc.com/
As a Field Technician, you will play a key role in supporting our projects by performing a variety of tests for our clients.
Candidates with the following skills and certifications are preferred:
- Concrete Testing
- Possess or agree to secure ACI Concrete Level I Certification upon hire
- Experience in the Civil Engineering Field
- Computer proficiency
Must be able to perform a range of physical activities, including sustained walking, bending, twisting, standing and reaching, and perform medium to heavy work including occasionally lifting over 30 pounds and exerting up to 30 pounds of force.
Costs associated with securing certifications paid by employer.
Please send resume to: Bruce.Bittner@neasinc.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
$17/hr – PART-TIME WORK TESTING CONCRETE
Aggregate & Concrete Testing Services (AGGCON) is seeking part time employees who are certified by the American Concrete Institute (ACI) as Concrete Field Testing Technicians, Grade I. If you are not currently certified as an ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician, assistance may be available. Learn more at www.aggcontesting.com/employment.php
BATCH PLANT OPERATIONS MANAGER
Opening available in Lorain County, OH (Avon, OH) for an individual experienced in the operation and management of a concrete batch plant. Westview Concrete Corp. operates a concrete plant and building supply facility and needs a highly motivated manager/sales person.
Individual will have opening, scheduling, and managing duties. Also able to handle customer service in person as well as on the phone.
Individual must work with central dispatch to provide efficient service and customer satisfaction, and establishing good relations with employees involved with delivery.
Reliability, dependability, honesty, and integrity a must.
Prior facility management a plus.
Contact Howard via email or cell phone:
Westview Concrete Corp.
(440) 653-3201 Fax: (440) 235-1893