Ohio Concrete partners with CareWorksComp., formerly CareWorks Consultants, Inc. (CCI), to help employers achieve the highest group rating discount possible. CareWorksComp analyzes each employer’s unique claim and premium history to find the highest level of savings from the Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC) maximum to a smaller percentage for companies with claims.
For more information on how you cold save through the Association’s Group Rating Program, contact Cordell Walton at 614-827-0398 or email to Cordell.Walton@CareWorksComp.com
Group-Rating Safety Accountability Letter
Each year Ohio employers have the opportunity to participate in BWC’s Group-Experience-Rating Program or Group-Retrospective-Rating Program. While these programs are not required, they do provide you with an opportunity to significantly reduce your workers’ compensation premiums, while increasing your awareness of safety and risk-management strategies.
Workplace safety is an important component of these programs. To succeed in accident prevention, we encourage you to use the many resources available to you. We believe a group-rating program is a partnership that includes you and your employees, your sponsoring organization or third-party administrator (TPA) and BWC. Each has specific roles and responsibilities, all designed to assist in preventing workplace accidents. This letter outlines the safety services expectations you should have as an employer enrolled in a group-rating program. Download complete letter
Better Health Pays Off
Employers can us Better You, Better Ohio! to help manage and reduce their workers’ compensation and health-care costs by having a healthier workforce. Meanwhile, workers can earn financial rewards for taking steps to improve their health and wellness such as completing a health assessment and a biometric screening. If you are interested in offering a wellness program to your workers, please contact the BWC.
- Why is BWC offering a health and wellness program?
- I’m an invited injured worker, how do I join?
- I’m part of Ohio’s workforce who meets the participation conditions, how do I join?
- I’m an Ohio employer, can my employees participate in the program?
- Better You, Better Ohio! information packet (PDF)
10-Step Business Plan for Safety
BWC’s 10-Step Business Plan for Safety is the primary component of many of their cost-saving programs including, Drug-Free Safety Program, individual-retrospective rating and experience modifier (EM) capping. However, all employers can benefit from implementing this plan.
Here you’ll find more details on each of the 10 steps. The BWC defines each step, outlines requirements and provides implementation suggestions and resources.
- 10-Step Business Plan for Safety manual – offers additional resources and a plan check list. Download or order by going to our forms and publications page.
- Self-Assessment for the 10-Step Business Plan for Safety (SA-5) – Formerly used with the Premium Discount Program +, we’ve recently revised this form to apply to any BWC program that requires an annual assessment or simply to assist employers in gauging how successful their efforts are.