Ohio Concrete Train-the-Trainer CDL Workshop
June 24, 2022 – Ohio Concrete Office Building
1st Floor Conference Room, 2600 Corporate Exchange Dr., Columbus, OH 43231 (MAP)
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
$495 fee includes: 1-day workshop, training materials including ELDT ‘Trainer’ and three ‘Student’ training manuals and lunch
See complete details below.
Learn how to comply with new federal training requirements and how to become eligible and listed in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) Training Provider Registry (TPR), so you can successfully conduct in-house CDL training to employees at your firm.
This 1-day workshop will feature instruction from Jimmy Kern, Ohio DPS Licensed CDL Training Manager, on the following topics:
- Setting the Standard vs FMCSR, What to Choose?
- How to Implement Training Materials to Satisfy New Requirements
- How to Properly Use Materials Compliance and Proficiency
- Handouts for Record Keeping/Flash Drives Q & A
- Registering on the Training Provider Registry
As of February 7, 2022, compliance with the FMCSA’s Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) rule is required for any individual who wants to:
- Obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for the first time;
- Upgrade an existing Class B CDL to a Class A CDL; or
- Obtain a passenger (P), school bus (S), or hazmat (H) endorsement for the first time.
Under the FMCSA requirements, an entry-level driver must successfully complete a prescribed program of theory and behind-the-wheel instruction before taking the CDL skills test. This training must be provided by a school or other entity listed on the FMCSA’s TPR. To be listed on the TPR, training providers need to meet specific requirements addressing:
- Vehicles and equipment, and
Note that the ELDT requirements do not apply to individuals with a valid CDL or an S, P, or H endorsement issued before February 7, 2022.
The cost to attend is $495 and includes a full day of instruction and lunch. Attendees will each receive an ELDT ‘Trainer’ and three ‘Student’ training manuals for reference and training implementation.
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations are subject to a $20 processing fee. Cancellations must be made 7 days prior to the start of the workshop to receive a refund. “NO SHOWS” will be charged full registration fees. Workshop is subject to cancellation based on the number of registrants.