Use this opportunity to learn about the latest trends and technical updates for the concrete construction industry and wrap up last minute professional development requirements for 2019. Attendees will earn 5.5 CPD credits.
Sessions will feature the following topics and speakers:
- Ethics Presentation – John F. Greenhalge, Executive Director of the Ohio State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors – This program will cover Ohio’s laws and rules for professional engineers and professional surveyors with a focus on common violations of the Code of Ethics and the registration act.
- Telling our Concrete Performance Story in a Carbon Climate Environment – Shawn Kalyn B.Eng, LEED AP bd+c , Technical Services Engineer, St Marys Cement Ilc. A Votorantim Cimentos Company – Concrete has a good story to tell when it comes to our environment. This topic will explain the needs for accurate transparency tools being requested by green building rating systems, how we fit into societies current needs and trending future need.
- Ohio DOT Update from Dan Miller, PE – Ohio DOT Cement and Concrete Engineer
- ACI Concrete Construction Specifications: Writing, Reading, Executing – Aimee Pergalsky, Manager of National Business Development for Euclid Chemical – ACI publishes different types of documents: Codes, Guides, Reports, and Construction Specifications. Learn about how ACI Construction Specifications (with emphasis on ACI 301 – Specs for Structural Concrete), are written and how to better interpret the language.
- ACI Design Guides for Fiber Reinforced Concrete, and other developments in FRC – Mike Mahoney, PE, Director of Marketing and Technology, Fiber Reinforced Concrete for the Euclid Chemical Company – The use of Fiber Reinforced Concrete continues to evolve and become more common place in everyday concrete construction. Learn how the new ACI 544.4R document can help ready-mix producers, engineers and contractors by providing a roadmap to designing FRC for various applications including floors, precast, shotcrete and paving applications.
Moisture in Concrete – Chris Tull, Consultant – Chris is an experienced consultant in the USA and some foreign countries. Chris is a popular speaker around the country on concrete topics. He has spoken at the World of Concrete and is on the ACI 302 Committee: Construction of Concrete Floors, the ACI 360 Committee: Design of Slabs on the Ground, several other ACI committees.
- 2019 Southwest Ohio Concrete Project Awards
For further information, contact John Davidson, SW Ohio Concrete Promotion Director at 513-607-9921 or email inquiries to email@example.com
CANCELLATION POLICY: All refunds must be received no later than 7 business days prior to the start of the seminar to receive a refund. All refunds are subject to a cancellation fee. No shows will be charged the full registration fee.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This seminar is for 5.5 continuing professional development hours ONLY, NOT VALID FOR AIA credits.