Date: February 22-24, 2022 (2.5 days)
- Day 1 – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Day 2 – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Day 3 – 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Ashland University Columbus Campus 1900 E Dublin-Granville Rd., 1st Floor Conference Room, Columbus, OH 43229 [MAP]
See complete details below.
Today more than ever: Dispatchers work under increasing pressure, juggling competing demands in a recovery market. New dispatchers often learn unevenly while under fire. Seasoned veterans can find it difficult to step back and find ways to improve. An effective course: With a small class-size and lots of personal attention from expert instructors, this class arms dispatchers, schedulers, shippers and managers with the ready-mixed concrete-specific technical, practical and customer-service skills needed to succeed.
Put Learning to Work: Attendees return ready to perform even more efficiently in core skill areas:
- Putting Orders in Order: Mastering technical, practical and customer-service issues
- Scheduling Success: Juggling priority customers, advance notices, callbacks & more
- Technically Speaking: Gaining basic product and materials knowledge
- Supporting Efficiency: Understanding batching basics & plant operations flow
- Sustaining Compliance: Drivers’ hours of service, safety & environmental regulations and best practices that impact scheduling and delivery flow
- People Professionalism: Managing stress, phone skills and peers
- Details, details, details: Clean-ups, small load charges, CODs…the list goes on and on
Upon successful completion of the 2.5 day NRMCA Dispatcher Training Course including a passing grade on the written examination administered on the last day of the training course, participants will receive an educational certificate.
Nearby Hotel Information:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton – 2700 Corporate Exchange Drive, Columbus, OH 43231; 614-890-9600
- Aloft Columbus – 32 Heatherdown Drive, Westerville, OH 43081; 614-899-6560
- Hampton Inn and Suites Easton – 4150, Stelzer Road, Columbus, Oh 43230; 614-473-9911
Ohio Concrete will instruct participants to adhere to the rented facilities’ COVID-19 safety requirements at the NRMCA Dispatcher Training Forum on February 22-24, 2022 at 1900 E Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH 43229. This may require participants in the program to follow social distancing measures and adhere to City of Columbus mask mandates during the February 22-24, 2022 training program.
The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) and Ohio Concrete cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending the NRMCA Dispatcher Training Forum at the Ashland University Columbus Campus, 1900 E Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH 43229. Therefore, if you choose to attend the NRMCA Dispatcher Training Forum and/or enter onto rented premises you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. You are traveling to attend NRMCA Dispatcher Training Forum aware of and understanding the general risks and particularly the risks of COVID, and you are accepting responsibility for those risks on your own, and while NRMCA and Ohio Concrete is taking steps to provide for a safe event, NRMCA and Ohio Concrete are not liable for any illness or death resulting from your participation in its event.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee. Cancellations must be received no later than February 8, 2021 to receive a refund. No refunds will be given after February 8, 2021.