The Concrete Futures Winter Meeting provides a great opportunity for the younger members of the Association to network and share ideas and concerns relating to the concrete construction industry. Current Concrete Futures Members and those who are interested in learning more about the group are encouraged to attend.
LEARN: The Meeting will feature speaker sessions throughout the day on Thursday, March 15th with a variety of industry specific topics including:
- Specialty Concrete Materials Testing. There’s More to Concrete Than You Think – Karl Fletcher, Bowser Morner, Inc.
- Shotcrete Applications for Concrete Placement…Techniques, Mixtures, Testing and Acceptance – Charles Hanskat, P.E.
- Understanding OSHA’s New Silica Regulations and Standards – Mike Meister, Terracon
- National Veterans Memorial & Museum Project Profile – Rob Ford, Baker Concrete
- The Future for FlyAsh Use in Concrete: Trends, Opportunities/Threats, Other SCMs – Tom Adams, American Coal Ash Association
- Promoting and Marketing Concrete in Your Area- Derek Dilger, Smith Paving and Ohio Concrete Regional Promotion Directors
PLAY: On Thursday evening, the Futures will host a dinner at nearby Dave and Busters Polaris from 6-9 pm. Join the Futures for a night of networking and fun at Dave & Busters where you can eat, play and watch sports all under one roof, just in time for basketball’s “March Madness” season.
Following dinner there will be a team building activity onsite at Dave & Busters called the “Mad Dash” featuring games, scavenger hunts and brainteasers with your fellow Futures members.
LEARN MORE: The meeting will resume on Friday morning with a breakfast program featuring a presentation from Joe Schneider of Spirit Seminars and Consulting on How to Effectively Communicate, Lead and Engage Yourself and Team Into Today’s Fast-Paced Business World.
If you have any questions regarding the Concrete Futures Winter Meeting or membership, contact the Association office at 614/891-0210. We hope to see you at the Concrete Futures Winter Meeting next month in Columbus, OH.