*IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unemployed or employed by a government entity, a precast company, or conduct business primarily outside of the state of Ohio, you qualify for the AFFILIATE discount. See rates below. If you are unsure of your Ohio Concrete membership status, please call 614/891-0210 to verify before registering to avoid delays.
ACI-CRSI Adhesive Anchor Installation Certification Program: Adhesive Anchor Installer (1-day) 4 CPD hrs.
An Adhesive Anchor Installer is an individual who has demonstrated the ability to read, comprehend, and execute instructions to properly install adhesive anchors in concrete. The Adhesive Anchor Installer must also demonstrate possession of the knowledge to properly assess ambient conditions, concrete condition, materials, equipment, and tools for installing adhesive anchors and determine when it is appropriate to proceed with installation of an adhesive anchor or when additional guidance from a supervisor/foreman/project engineer is needed.
This program requires knowledge and ability in the following areas of adhesive anchor installation:
- Understanding jobsite conditions relevant for correct selection of installation procedures in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions (e.g., concrete wetness, hole drilling method used, possible embedded obstructions, and air and concrete temperature)
- Understanding the manufacturer’s instructions (pictograms, text) and using the proper procedures, sequence, and tools to clean the hole
- Proper selection and assembly of the injection equipment
- Awareness of the potential impact of storage conditions and verification of the expiration date on the cartridge
- Rejection of the initial adhesive expressed from new cartridges as applicable and proper procedures followed for disposal of rejected/waste adhesive/used nozzles and cartridges
- Injection of adhesive into holes at various orientations to the proper depth using proper technique and equipment that minimizes air voids
- Correct assembly of anchor element in drill chuck and drill settings for capsule anchor installation
- Recognition of time limits for installation and positioning of anchor element (i.e., gel time) depending on type of adhesive, ambient conditions, and size/depth of anchor hole
- Installation of the anchor element in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Knowledge of proper measures for protection of anchor element threads from adhesive
- Knowledge of measures to secure and protect the anchor element from load/movement during adhesive cure
Ohio Concrete Professional Engineers conduct the one-day review and administer the written and performance examinations. Examinations are graded by the American Concrete Institute (ACI).
ACI-CRSI will grant certification only to those applicants who obtain a passing grade on both the written examination and performance examinations.
Recertification is necessary every five years, and requires successful completion of both the written and performance examinations.
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations subject to a $15 processing fee. Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the start of the class to receive a refund. “NO SHOWS” will be charged full registration fees. No credits will be carried over to the next year. A late fee of $15 will be assessed to those registering within 7 days of the examination. Classes are subject to cancellation based on the number of registrants. Registrants will be notified at least one week prior to the start of the course of any cancellations or changes. Course fees are subject to change
*AFFILIATE status applies to unemployed individuals or companies conducting business primarily outside of Ohio, government, or precast employees.