Date: November 7-11, 2022 (5 days) includes in-person review, exams and lunch on review days
Location: Phillips Companies – 620 Phillips Drive, Beavercreek, OH 45434 [map]
*IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unemployed or employed by a government entity, a precast company, or conduct business primarily outside of the state of Ohio, you qualify for the AFFILIATE discount. See rates below. If you are unsure of your Ohio Concrete membership status, please call 614/891-0210 to verify before registering to avoid delays.
ACI CONCRETE TRANSPORTATION CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR (CTCI) 4-day review | 1-day Written Examination
A Concrete Transportation Construction Inspector is a person who has demonstrated proficiency in concrete inspection methods for transportation projects, including preplacement, placement, and post-placement operations.
A Concrete Transportation Construction Inspector-in-Training is a person who has demonstrated knowledge in concrete inspection methods for transportation projects, but does not have the experience required to qualify as an ACI Concrete Transportation Construction Inspector.
ACI will grant certification only to those applicants who:
- Obtain a passing grade on the written examination; and
- Obtain a passing grade on the plans-reading examination; and
- Fulfill the requirements in ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician—Grade I as follows:
- Be currently certified as an ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician—Grade I OR
- Have been certified as an ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician—Grade I at one time AND
- Pass the current ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician—Grade I written exam within one year of passing the Inspector exam*.
They must also possess at least one of the following qualifications:
- A minimum of two years of college or technical school, earning at least 60 credit hours, PLUS two years of satisfactory work experience; or
- A high school diploma, or equivalent, PLUS a minimum of three years of satisfactory work experience; or
- Five years of satisfactory work experience.
*Note: If the written exam and plans-reading exam are passed on separate dates, the one year period for passing the ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician—Grade I written exam begins on the date of the first exam passed.
The work experience must include:
- Decision-making authority and responsibility;
- Verification of compliance with plans, specifications, and codes;
- Evaluation of concrete construction in the field;
- Documentation and reporting of inspection results; and
- Proficiency in appropriate areas of concrete construction inspection
Verification of the amount and range of work experience by the applicant’s employer(s) is required. The three-hour written inspection examination is open-book and consists of approximately 80 multiple-choice questions. The one-hour plans reading examination consists of approximately 20 questions and is designed to test the examinee’s ability to read and understand engineering drawings. The minimum passing grade for each examination is 70%.
For Concrete Transportation Construction Inspector-in-Training:
ACI will grant certification to those applicants who meet the Field Testing Technician requirements and pass both written examinations. Individuals with Associate Concrete Construction Special Inspector or Concrete Transportation Construction Inspector-in-Training certification can upgrade to full Inspector status upon submittal and approval of sufficient education/work experience.
Detailed information on these ACI programs can be found at Certification Programs (concrete.org)
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations subject to a $15 processing fee. Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the start of the class to receive a refund. “NO SHOWS” will be charged full registration fees. No credits will be carried over to the next year. A late fee of $15 will be assessed to those registering within 7 days of the examination. Classes are subject to cancellation based on the number of registrants. Registrants will be notified at least one week prior to the start of the course of any cancellations or changes. Course fees are subject to change
*AFFILIATE status applies to unemployed individuals, companies conducting business primarily outside of Ohio, government employees or precast employees.