*IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unemployed or employed by a government entity, a precast company, or conduct business primarily outside of the state of Ohio, you qualify for the AFFILIATE discount. See rates below. If you are unsure of your Ohio Concrete membership status, please call 614/891-0210 to verify before registering to avoid delays.
ACI-CRSI Adhesive Anchor Installation Certification Program: Adhesive Anchor Installation Inspector (1-day) 4 CPD hrs.
An Adhesive Anchor Installation Inspector is an individual who has demonstrated the knowledge required to properly inspect the installation of adhesive anchors in concrete. The inspector must understand the responsibilities and qualification requirements of the installer, inspection requirements as cited in the documents governing the construction of the project, and the process governing the qualification of anchor systems.
The program require knowledge and ability in the following areas of adhesive anchor installation:
- Understanding jobsite conditions relevant for correct selection of installation procedures in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions (e.g., concrete wetness, hole drilling method used, possible embedded obstructions, and air and concrete temperature)
- Understanding the manufacturer’s instructions (pictograms, text) and using the proper procedures, sequence, and tools to clean the hole
- Proper selection and assembly of the injection equipment
- Awareness of the potential impact of storage conditions and verification of the expiration date on the cartridge
- Rejection of the initial adhesive expressed from new cartridges as applicable and proper procedures followed for disposal of rejected/waste adhesive/used nozzles and cartridges
- Injection of adhesive into holes at various orientations to the proper depth using proper technique and equipment that minimizes air voids
- Correct assembly of anchor element in drill chuck and drill settings for capsule anchor installation
- Recognition of time limits for installation and positioning of anchor element (i.e., gel time) depending on type of adhesive, ambient conditions, and size/depth of anchor hole
- Installation of the anchor element in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Knowledge of proper measures for protection of anchor element threads from adhesive
- Knowledge of measures to secure and protect the anchor element from load/movement during adhesive cure
- Understanding Special Inspector’s role on the jobsite
- Knowledge of the difference between periodic and continuous inspection and under what conditions each is required
- Proper location of anchors (spacing, edge distance, and member thickness)
- Recognition of warning signs of potential deviation from the construction documents and the manufacturer printed installation instructions
- Knowledge of inspection requirements and the documents in which they are cited
- Knowledge of proof loading requirements
Ohio Concrete engineers conduct the one-day review and administer the written and performance examinations. Examinations are graded by the American Concrete Institute (ACI).
ACI-CRSI will grant certification for Adhesive Anchor Installation Inspector to those who attend the adhesive anchor installation performance exam session and obtain a passing grade on the two -part installation and inspection examinations.
Recertification for installation inspector certification is necessary every five years, and requires successful completion of written and performance examinations.
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations subject to a $15 processing fee. Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the start of the class to receive a refund. “NO SHOWS” will be charged full registration fees. No credits will be carried over to the next year. A late fee of $15 will be assessed to those registering within 7 days of the examination. Classes are subject to cancellation based on the number of registrants. Registrants will be notified at least one week prior to the start of the course of any cancellations or changes. Course fees are subject to change
*AFFILIATE status applies to unemployed individuals or companies conducting business primarily outside of Ohio, government, or precast employees.